Monday, February 21, 2011

MIA and A New Business!

 

Hola Peeps!

 

Yes, I know . . . I’ve been MIA for a bit.  I’m sorry about that.  We had our grandson here for five days and absolutely reveled in the glow of being grandparents.  We had so much fun with him, and felt completely lost when we handed him back to his parents.  I miss him desperately, but will get to smother him with kisses again really soon – they’ll be coming back down to the desert on March 1st, so I don’t have too much longer to wait.  Can’t wait for that!!  The day after Brecken left, my father-in-law ended up in the hospital – he was experiencing some leg pain and shortness of breath.  Thankfully, the doctors discovered that he had three blood clots – one in his calf, one in his thigh, and one large one that is “saddled” between his lungs.  Yep!  He’s got an angel watching over him.  Thank God!  So we’ve been spending quite a bit of time with him at the hospital and giving my mother-in-law a few breaks to clear her head.  And thankfully he’s feeling much better, the blood thinners are doing their work, so he can be released this morning.  Again, we see this as a miracle – most don’t survive six hours when a blood clot ends up in your lungs.  We are so grateful to all the physicians and medical staff that took care of him.

 

Birthday Fishes 2

Okay, now that I’ve bored you to death with all of my family happenings, I thought I’d share a quick card with you.  More Paper Smooches goodness, right?!  I used Birthday Buddies to create the fishy and the sentiment – I actually cut the photo polymer sentiment so that I could stamp it all wonky like that.  The layout was inspired by a card that I saw on Maile Belle’s blog a while ago.  That girl is so stinkin’ clever, I tell ya.

 

Etsy Banner

Lastly, I wanted to share with you that my daughter, Ashley, has opened up an Etsy shop in an effort to sell some of my cards, as well as some gorgeous craft projects that she and my other daughter, Amy, have been creating lately.  The Grand Opening of Cards By Paper Therapy is today.  I’d love for you to stop by and check it out.  I believe that Ashley will be having a Grand Opening Sale, so if you’re in the market for some hand made cards, you really should stop by!

 

That’s it for me today, kids!  As always, I so appreciate your visits and sweet comments.  I hope you have a great day, and that you’ll come back again real soon!

1 comment:

Erin Smetak said...

How wonderful that you got to visit w/ Brecken!!!! And how scary for you all and your FIL! My thoughts and prayers are w/ you all for a safe recovery!!!!
Awesome card! And how cool that your daughters are following in your footsteps and are creating w/ you! All of your cards are awesome! I think I can tell which ones are NOT yours, but I could be wrong! What an awesome venture! I wish you the best of luck in selling your cards!!!!