Thursday, May 10, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #52–Birds of a Feather!

 

Hello Stampy Friends!

CAS-ualFridaysNoWords

It’s time, once again, for another CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.  Wasn’t last week’s birthday celebration super fun?!!  I loved checking out all of your beautiful creations – you all just blow me away!!  No doubt, you’ll be just as inspired by this week’s challenge, which is:  Create a CLEAN & SIMPLE project and include a bird in your design.  Inspiring, right?!

Annabelle Stamps Logo

And with a new challenge, we have another fabulous sponsor.  Annabelle Stamps is this week’s brilliant sponsor, and they’ve provided a terrific prize for this week’s TGIF winner.  But, you’ll have to click on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog to find out what it is!  Thank you, Annabelle Stamps!!  Oh, and while you’re checking out this week’s prize, be sure and feast your eyes on all of the amazing eye candy that the other Girl Fridays have created for your inspiration – it’s delicious, I tell ya!

 

CFC52 - Feathered Friends

 

I actually created several samples for today’s challenge . . . just couldn’t get a groove going.  After several attempts, this is what I came up with.  If you look close (I think if you click on the pic, it’ll get bigger), you can see that I stamped my houndstooth background from Paper Smooches on the green panel behind the wood grain cardstock.  The die cut leaves and freakin’ adorable birdie are from W Plus 9 Designs.  I’ve listed the other products used below:

STAMPS:  Essential Sentiments (A Muse Studio), Houndstooth Background (Paper Smooches)
INK:  Chocolate and Basil (Fresh Ink)
PAPER:  Hot Fudge and Gum Drop (French Poptone), Berry Sorbet (PTI), Wood Grain CS (The Cat’s Pajamas)
OTHER:  Pearls (Kaiser Craft), Folk Art Floral Dies (W Plus 9 Designs)

 

Well, I hope you all will play along with us again this week – we so love it when you do!  Thanks so much for stopping my blog today.  I’ll be spending the weekend getting ready for the arrival of my daughters and my grandsons on Monday – be still my heart!!  Hope you have an amazing weekend, too!!

PaperTherapySignature

13 comments:

Piali said...

Beautiful card!! I see the houndstooth background! Love the woodgrain cardstock...it a new thing for me.
Enjoy your time with the lil' one!
Hugs~

Mary-Anne V said...

What a beautiful card...love how you punched out the leaves and layered the stamped background behind. Enjoy your weekend with your daughters and grandsons!

Suzanne said...

Oh my! Karolyn, I am in so much love with that woodgrain paper and that shade of green. LOVE this!

Darnell said...

It's VERY adorable! Have a wonderful Mother's Day with your family!

Deb said...

Love how you used the negative die and that little chocolate bird is so yummy! Happy Mother's Day!

Michele Gross said...

Awesome! I love the wood sheet and the great colors!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Karolyn! I love the natural feel that the wood paper adds to the card :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful card, love the inverse die cuts.

Anna said...

That is stunning. Love the inverse die cut.

Cathy A said...

Love how you have used the negative of the leaves diecut

Christina said...

No fair! I just commented on Lynn's card with these dies and how much I NEED them, and here you are flaunting them in my face too! LOL! This design is so sweet with the negative die cuts, the woodgrain, and the subtle houndstooth. Love it!

Marybeth said...

This is such a pretty layout and card. Wow I am really liking the sweet birds. Love the added pearls!

Julie said...

Great card. i love the off side die cut.Brilliant.