Friday, January 3, 2014

Paper Smooches January Release Goodies!


Happy Friday, friends!!

I’m all mixed up with what day it is – the holidays have really messed me up!  LOL  And I don’t know about you, but I’m soooo glad the holidays are over!  As much as I love the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I’m definitely ready for them to be over so that I can get back to my somewhat quiet, boring life!  LOL

Karolyn - Cardbooking Dies
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

So I thought I’d pop in and share a couple of my Paper Smooches January Release samples.  This release is one of my all time favorites – Kim really knocked the new stamps and dies right outta the park, I tell ya!  I used lots of new products on this project, that I’ll list below.  But I wanted to point out that my fave product featured on this card is the new Cardbooking Dies!  The heart and the arrow are from this fun set of dies.  But see those cute little word bubbles?

Cardbooking Dies
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

I made those with another one of the dies from this set.  See the two straight dies on the top and bottom of the set that have the little triangle on them?  I used those dies to create my word bubbles!  I just trimmed pieces of scrap cardstock, die cut the side that I wanted that little triangle to be on, and then used my Corner Chomper to round the four corners – SUPER EASY!!  And how fun is it to have word bubbles for any size you need?

Karolyn - Just A Note Outside
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

My second sample features the new Just A Note stamp set.  I created a mock crayon box with my Silhouette, dolled it up with designer paper, die cut an Oval and Thanks Word Die, and stamped a rainbow of crayons from the new stamp set.

Karolyn - Just A Note Inside
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

Here’s what the inside of the card looks like.  I used the Alphadot alphabet for “teacher.”  You could also personalize it and stamp the name of your favorite kid, for a fun little lunch box note!

That’s it for me today, friends!  You should pop into the Paper Smooches blog when you have a minute.  Kim is sharing all kinds of stampy goodness that my sweet teamies have created for your viewing pleasure!  Deliciousness, I tell ya!  I’m off to hang with my mother-in-law for the weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today – it always makes my heart smile when you do!



6 comments:

Anni said...

I really love your sweet CAS style! It is so modern and amazing!
Anni

Geri said...

These are fabulous Karolyn! I bet that Kim's sales shoot through the roof every time you post a card using her sa-weet products! My goodness, the fun and whimsy of these two creations are so inspiring that it makes me want to buy it all!!! Love the bright colors of the crayon package and the awesome mix of colors on your speech bubble card! You're amazing girl!

BTW, did I mention that we are off to Vegas on Feb 6th? Can hardly wait. Gotta find out where the bingos are - any suggestions?

Jackie Rockwell said...

Super CUTE cards! Love the new stamps too!!!

Lori Barnett said...

SWOON ;)

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful cards...love the dies!

Anonymous said...

The cards are so pretty. First one is my favorite though. So CAS, and stunning.

Love the color combination as well.

Regards,
Vithya

p.s. looking forward to your RIC post :)