Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge #4!


Hello Sweet Friends!

It’s been another crazy week around here, but I had a chance to create a project for the next Cutting Edge Challenge, so I’m a happy girl!!


Look at that darling project made by Jean Manis!!  I so love Jean’s whimsical design eye, as well as her precision.  It just makes this straight light girl very, very happy!  I was inspired by the film strip as well as the red, white and black color palette – here’s what I created!

CEC4 - I Reely Love You

Can you see how I was inspired by Jean’s card?  I pulled out a stamp set and coordinating dies  from My Favorite Things that I’ve had for EVAH!!  I was so happy to finally get a chance to use it!  I die cut the film strip frame from black cardstock and adhered it to the card front with foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I die cut the film reel from some shimmery silver paper that I had in my scrap bin twice, and adhered them together with foam tape, then adhered them to the film strip.  Easy PEASY!!  I’ve listed the products that I used below!

We’d love to have you play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
  • The two Winners of the last challenge, as well as the Top 3, are being announced;
  • The second half of the The Cutting Edge Design Team is sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty fabulous;
  • The rules and regulations of the Challenge are listed; and
  • The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!

The challenge closes on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT, so what are you waiting for?!  You can find everything you need to play along HERE.  We can’t wait to see what you create!!

That’s it for me today, sweet friends!  I’m headed to one of my favorite brick and mortar stamp stores to help a friend with a stamp demo.  Oh, and there’s a sale going on so no doubt I’ll be bringing some goodies home to add to my stash!  BONUS!!  LOL  I sure hope that you have some great plans ahead for your weekend!  Thanks so much for stopping by!



2 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Darling card Karolyn! I love how you made the little reel! Great take on the amazing inspiration card!

Cris G. said...

Reely fun card, Karolyn. Let's say that your card should come previously to Jean's card :).