Friday, October 24, 2014

Avery Elle–It’s Your Time to Soar!

 

Hi Friends!!

 

10-24-14 Look Up

 

Peeking in quickly today to share another of the projects I created for the Fall 2014 Avery Elle release!!  This project features the super cool stamp set called Look Up!  I am in love with the brush stroked words and images, and the super cool artsy feel of this set!  I loved the “It’s your time to soar” sentiment and thought it would be perfect for a graduation card!  I stamped the sentiment and the balloon image from the set in VersaMark onto the smooth side of some watercolor paper, and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I then inked up a craft sheet using Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress ink pads, and heavily spritzed that with water.  I “smooshed” the image panel into the wet ink, making sure to cover the whole panel and doing my best to spread the color around so that it showed variegation in the coloring.  I wanted it to look like a cloudy sky!  Once the water color paper dried, I rounded the corners with a corner rounder and adhered the panel to a card base with foam tape.  I die cut the grad cap using my Silhouette Cameo and some Mimosa and New Moon card stock, assembled it, and adhered it to the balloon.  Lastly, I sprinkled some Lemonade Blend and Midnight Blend sequins about, and adhered them with some matte medium.  I’ve listed the products that I used below.

 

That’s it for me today friends!  We’re spending some beach time in Puerto Penasco, Mexico with some dear friends for the weekend!  I hope you have some lovely and relaxing plans for your weekend, too!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

2 comments:

Linda Langes said...

The mortar board on the balloon - FABULOUS! Love this Karolyn.

Chrissy Larson said...

Ridiculously cute!! What a fun idea!