Hello sweet peeps!!
Instead of my usual Avery Elle Design Team project today, the Avery Elle Design Team is joining the Chameleon Pens Design team in a cross-promotion Blog Hop! Here’s the scoop:
It's Chameleon Pens and Avery Elle week! This week the Avery Elle design team is playing with some amazing pens from our friends over at Chameleon. These pens work so well with our stamps and dies! After visiting here, be sure to check out the Chameleon blog for even more inspiration! Be sure to comment on our company and designer blogs throughout the week to be entered to win one of two prizes - a $50 Avery Elle Gift Certificate or a pen set from Chameleon! The winner of the Avery Elle Gift Certificate will be announced on the Avery Elle blog on Monday, April 27th.
Here’s my project! I had the pleasure of working with the Pastel Tones Chameleon pen set. Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from white cardstock; score at 5.5” and crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an image panel to 3.75” x 5.0” from white cardstock; trim an additional panel of masking paper to the same measurements.
- Die cut the masking paper using the Circle Tag Elle-Ment; remove the die cut from the masking paper and set it aside; adhere the mask to the image panel.
- Using a cloud stencil/mask, some Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks, create a cloudy sky and grass inside the unmasked area.
- Before removing the mask, insert the Circle Tag Elle-Ment into the unmasked area, secure it with a piece of removable tape, and run it through your die cutting machine to emboss it only (you’ll need to use an embossing mat for this.) Remove the die as well as the masking paper from the image panel.
- Stamp Ellie onto some white cardstock with Tuxedo Black ink. Color it with the Cool Gray CG8 pen. Die cut Ellie using the coordinating Ellie Elle-Ments; adhere Ellie to the image panel with foam squares.
- Using Build-A-Banner, stamp the banner image onto some white cardstock with Fog Pigment Ink; stamp the sentiment from Ellie onto the banner using Tuxedo Black ink; die cut the banner using the coordinating Build-A-Banner Elle-Ments. Adhere the banner to the image panel with foam squares.
- Die cut a number 3 balloon from orange patterned paper using the Numbered Balloons Elle-Ments; adhere it to the image panel, just outside the scene, with foam squares. Tie some white crochet thread from Ellie’s trunk to the balloon; adhere a bow with a glue dot.
I made this for my grandson, who turned three in March – but I forgot to send it to him. Grandma FAIL! LOL You should totally click on through to the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see what Katie has created for you today, and then check out the other posts from this week as there is a ton of inspiration from my other sweet teammates!
That’s it for me today, friends. I’ve been sick in bed for the last couple of days, so I’m way behind in my projects! I’ll be spending most of the weekend in my craft room getting caught up! I hope you have some fun crafty plans ahead for your weekend, too!! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’ll be back on the 27th with a super special announcement! I hope you’ll come back to see!!