Friday, April 17, 2015

Avery Elle–Homemade & Treat Topper!


Happy Friday, friends!!

I’m back today to share another of the projects that I created for the most recent Avery Elle release.  It features the Homemade Stamp Set and coordinating Elle-Ments, as well as the Treat Topper Elle-Ment.  Check it!

4-17-15 Homemade and Treat Topper

Okay, so I knew exactly what I wanted to create when I saw the new Homemade Stamp Set and coordinating Homemade Elle-Ments!!!  I thought it would be super fun to create some chocolate dipped spoons as a special treat for someone who loves to dip a little chocolate in their coffee, tea or warm milk!  Or wouldn’t they be so cute as party favors?  I mean the possibilities are endless!!  And those stamps and dies made this project uber easy!!  I had the bamboo spoons in my stash.  I melted some chocolate that I picked up from the grocery store and then scooped some up into each of the spoons.  Before the chocolate set, I sprinkled some sprinkles onto each spoon, and then placed them onto some wax paper – it took about 20 minutes for them to fully set up.

I stamped one of the sentiments from Homemade onto each of the spoons – some using Lemon Grass Ink and some using Raspberry Ink.  They stamped onto the wood like a dream!  I wrapped each of the dipped spoons into a plastic bag, wrapped a twistie to seal them, and die cut the bow from the Homemade Elle-Ments and adhered it to each spoon package with a glue dot.

I thought it’d be fun to create a little gift bag for the chocolate dipped spoons, so I die cut a Treat Topper from some Lemon Grass cardstock.  This thing is GENIUS, I tell you!  It cuts the little handle, scores it automatically so you know where to fold it, and it’s so stinkin’ cute!!! I die cut the tag using Gift Tags Elle-Ments from some Pixie cardstock, and stamped another of the sentiments from Homemade.  I embellised it with some of flowers and leaves using the Laurels Stamp Set and coordinating Elle-Ments.  I slid two of the chocolate spoons into a plastic bag, folded the top over and stapled the closed bag to the back of the Treat Topper die cut using my Tiny Attacher.  I used some double sided adhesive tape to adhere the front of the Treat Topper die cut to the bag.  Here’s a close up of the whole set:

4-17-15 Homemade and Treat Topper Closeup


I hope this project has given you some ideas as to ways that you can use the Homemade Stamp Set and Elle-Ments, as well as the Treat Topper Elle-Ment!  These items will make you the hostess with the mostest and should be included in any party-giver’s arsenal!!!

That’s it for me today, friends.  Our kids and grandkids are heading back to Seattle tomorrow.  I know my house will be very quiet after they leave.  It’s been a great visit, and I will miss them desperately.  But we’ll be together again in June . . . and thankfully there’s always Face Time.  In  the meantime, I have some huge deadlines to catch up on in my craft room this weekend!  How about you?  I hope you have some awesome plans in store for your weekend, too!!!  Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Geri said...

SWEET...literally! I love the Treat Topper (yep, another item added to the wish list!). Your creativity amazes me - you come up with the cooooolest ideas ever!