TGIF! Right?!! LOL
Phew! It’s been a super busy here on my blog this week – I’m so ready for the weekend!! How about you?!!
Before we get this party started, I wanted to pop in quickly to share another sample that I created for the latest Avery Elle release. This one features the new stamp set called Tweet Tweet, and its coordinating dies. This set is chock-o-block full of the cutest tropical birds and punny sentiments!! It’s seriously so much fun to play with!! Here’s how I created my design:
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from white card stock. Score at 5.5” and fold; perfect crease with teflon bone folder.
- Trim an A2 panel from white cardstock; die cut an aperture using the We R Family Elle-Ments.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Tweet Tweet Stamp Set using New Moon Pigment Ink in the upper right hand corner of the image panel.
- Using a cloud mask and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, lightly blend the ink to create clouds on the card base; adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.
- Stamp the toucan, vine and bird perch from the Tweet Tweet Stamp Set onto some white cardstock using waterproof black dye ink; use the coordinating Tweet Tweet Elle-Ments to die cut them out.
- Color the toucan and vine with watercolor pencils and blend with a Dove Ink Blending Pen and blending solution.
- Adhere the toucan, vine and bird perch to the card base with foam tape.
That’s it! Super easy and kinda fun, don’t you think? Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for some additional inspiration! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
That’s it for me today! We’ve got a pretty quiet weekend planned. We’ll probably head out to the neighborhood park to watch the fireworks tomorrow, and otherwise just hang around and try to stay cool! I hope you have some splendid plans in store for your weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by, and Happy Fourth of July to all of my American friends!!