Boy, it’s been a busy week on my blog this week!! I’ve been having a ton of stampy fun, can you tell! LOL
We’re playing Throwback Thursday over on the Avery Elle Design Team Blog today!! This month’s throwback set is Bottle It Up (and it’s coordinating dies)! I paired it with one of the new releases – Swim Team and it’s coordinating dies to create a fun little shaker aquarium! Here’s how I created it:
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from white cardstock; score at 5.5” and fold; perfect crease with teflon bone folder.
- Die cut an image panel from white cardstock using the Wonky Stitches Elle-Ments.
- Using the Bottle It Up Elle-Ments, position and die cut the large jar/vase (my aquarium) from the center of the image panel. Center the image panel with the card base and draw a line around the inside of the die cut aquarium.
- Using the waves from the Swim Team Elle-Ments, die cut a piece of acetate and use that as mask to ink in the water and waves (I used Tumbled Glass and a Mini Ink Blending tool to accommplish this). Erase the pencil line.
- Using Sea Glass pigment Ink and the Bottle It Up Stamp Set, stamp the aquarium (jar/vase) onto the card base. Using Kraft, Strawberry, Lemon Grass and Fizz Pigment Inks, stamp the aquarium scenery. Using black waterproof ink, stamp the blow fish from the Swim Team Stamp Set.
- Color the blowfish with watercolor pencils and a Dove Blending Pen.
- Trim a panel from acetate to fit behind the die cut aquarium – adhere it to the back of the image panel. Adhere two layers of foam tape around the perimeter of the aquarium, leaving the release paper on the top layer of foam tape.
- Partially fill the inside of the aquarium with seed beads and rainstones. Remove the release paper from the foam tape, add additional foam squares to the back of the image panel for stability, and adhere the aligned card base to the image panel.
- Using the Wonky Stitches Elle-Ments, die cut the round tag. Stamp the sentiment from the Swim Team Stamp Set using New Moon Pigment Ink. Adhere it to the image panel with foam squares. Tie baker’s twine through the hole in the tag.
Here’s a close up of what it looks like behind the “bubbles.”
Cute, right?!! I think this would amuse just about any recipient, don’t you?! I’ve listed the products I used below. Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog to see the other darling projects that my sweet teammates have created using Bottle It Up! I know you’ll be inspired!
That’s it for me today! I plan to do some organizing in my craft room today – things are starting to get out of control and that drives me nuts!!! I hope you have some fun plans for your day! Thanks so much for stopping in today!! I’ll be back tomorrow with another Avery Elle project – I hope you’ll come back to see it!