It’s time for the next AEI♥U Challenge, and I can’t wait to share my project with you all!! This month’s challenge is Embossing – any kind of embossing qualifies!! Heat embossing, dry embossing, embossing folders, debossing, letterpress, faux letterpress – whatever your amazing creative mind can come up with! Here’s my project:
I was totally inspired by a technique shared by Debby Hughes in the new Online Card Class called Background Check. Debby used a diffuser to isolate an area that doesn’t get embossed with a patterned embossing folder. I decided to create my own diffuser using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments and some Craft-A-Board material from Ellen Hutson. Here’s how I created the project:
- Trim an A2 panel from Craft-A-Board. Using one of the smallest of the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments, die cut an opening in the lower portion of the panel. This will be your DIY diffuser.
- Place an A2 piece of watercolor paper inside the Roses Embossing Folder (from Kaiser Craft – you can really use any patterned embossing folder that you may have on hand!)and secure it with a piece of washi tape. Position the DIY diffuser on top of the closed embossing folder and in the exact same position as the enclosed watercolor paper. Secure the diffuser to the embossing folder with more washi tape. Run this through your manual die cutting machine, making sure to use the plate sandwich for your specific machine.
- Remove the embossed watercolor paper from the embossing folder. Color in the debossed roses with a pink watercolor pencil. Using a water brush, blend the pencil so as to color in each rose blossom. Allow to thoroughly dry.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Brushed Stamp Set onto the designated non-embossed area of the panel, using VersaMark, and heat emboss using Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.
- Using one of the largest Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments, die cut the outside edge of the panel.
- Using the same Double Pierced Rectangle referenced in Step 1 above, run the image panel through your die cutting machine in order to emboss the outside edge of the non-embossed area so that the pierced detail of the die is embossed into the panel.
- Adhere the image panel to a Pixie card base from the Sugar Collection Note Cards using foam squares.
- Adhere Sparkling Clear and Sweetheart Sequins using Matte Medium.
It sounds much more difficult than it really is! Please feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions about how I created this project. I’ve listed the products that I used below.
Now, I hope you’ll click on through to the AEI♥U Challenge Blog to see the other amazing projects that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration! There are TWO $25 Avery Elle Gift Certificates up for grabs, and I’d love to see one of you win!! You have until Thursday, August 27th to add your project to the gallery!!
That’s it for me today, friends!! We’re babysitting our granddaughter this weekend while the rest of her family goes camping! We are giddy to have her all to ourselves for three days!! I hope you have some amazing plans in store for your weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by today!!