NOTE: If you're looking for my Ellen Hutson LLC CLASSroom blog post and GIVE-AWAY, please click HERE.
NOTE: If you're looking for my Pretty Pink Posh $50 Gift Certificate GIVE-AWAY, please click HERE.
Happy Tuesday, friends!!
I’m getting ready to hang out with my little love bugs today, but I wanted to pop in quickly to share a project that I created with a couple of the products that My Favorite Things released recently!
I created this for my stepmom for her birthday in June – although we didn’t celebrate it until July! It features a BUNCH of products from My Favorite Things, all of which are listed below. Here’s how I created it:
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Smooth White Cardstock; score at 5.5”, fold in half, and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Using my MISTI Tool, position the card base and the Snowfall Background, and stamp the “snow” onto the card base, multiple times, and ever so slightly shifting the base after each stamp. When I inked up the Snowfall Background each time, I used a rag to wipe off the ink on the stamp where I didn’t want it to stamp. This creates a look of confetti, which is exactly what I was going for! I stamped the Snowfall Background using Gold Delicata ink – a most delicious and sparkly gold pigment ink that is wonderful!
- I repeated Step 2, above, on another A2 piece of Smooth White Cardstock. This is the panel that I used to die cut the Party Balloons Die-Namics.
- I trimmed another A2 Smooth White Cardstock panel, and die cut the angled base using the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
- I die cut the word happy from some Black Licorice Cardstock using the Brushstroke Birthday Greetings Die-Namics.
- I stamped the balloon strings from Party Balloons Stamps onto the angled panel using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. I stamped the “birthday” sentiment from the Birthday Bears Stamp Set (doing a bit of stamp surgery beforehand), again using the Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
- I adhered the balloons and the die cut word to the angled base with foam tape. I adhered the angled panel to the card base with foam tape.
- As a finishing touch, I tied some solid black baker’s twine to the balloons, knotting it, and trimming off the excess.
I love the look of the black, gold and white together, and I’m really loving that gold confetti!! It makes me so happy when my stamps can do double season duty, like the Snowfall Background here. I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.
That’s it for me today!! Gotta run and get ready for my grandsons’ visit – can’t wait to lay some big ole’ sloppy smooches on them!! I’m sure they can’t wait either – NOT!! LOL I hope you have a fun day planned, and that you get a chance to get a little inky later!! Thanks so much for stopping by today – it always bring a smile to my face when you do!