Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? I was super busy this weekend with guests, and have been trying to get caught up ever since! I had time to create a few projects using my MFT goodies, so I thought I’d pop in to share one of them with you today!
I love looking at my stamps and trying to “see” something other than what they were originally intended for. I was looking at the Party Patterns Stamp set and saw one of those twisted branch wreaths – and decided to run with it! Here’s how I created this project:
- Trim an A2 top folding card base from Kraft cardstock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Die cut a panel from Kraft cardstock using the pierced rectangle from the Blueprints 21 Die-Namics. Stamp the Linen Background onto the pierced panel using VersaMark ink.
- Die cut a fish tale banner from Smooth White cardstock using the Blueprints 24 Die-Namics.
- Stamp the swirly circle from the Party Patterns Stamp Set using Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink.
- Die cut the flowers and leaves from Wild Cherry, Orange Zest, Daffodil, Limelight and Sour Apple cardstock, using the Spring Garden Die-Namics.
- Create the illusion of dimension in the flowers by using an embossing stylus and a foam pad to pop the edges of the flowers up. Assemble the flowers using Glossy Accents, and adhere the flowers and leaves to the wreath with liquid adhesive.
- Tie baker’s twine around the top of the banner. Adhere the banner to the pierced panel with foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Get Well Wishes Stamp Set below the banner using Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink.
- Adhere the pierced panel to the card base with foam tape,
That’s it! This, my sweet friends, is how you stretch those stamps and dies in your stash – try to look at them from a different perspective and see what you can come up with! No doubt it’ll be fun and unexpected! I’ve listed the products that I used below.
That’s it for me today, friends! I’m off to pick up my little love bug, who will be staying with us for the next couple of days while my daughter spends a few days with her girl friends up in Canada! I can’t wait to get some slobbery kisses and snuggles from baby girl! I hope you have some fun plans for your day! I’ll be back tomorrow with a sweet little guest design project! I hope you’ll drop by again and check it out!!