Friday, October 2, 2015

Avery Elle–Stockings!

 

TGIF, friends!!

 

What a crazy week its been around here!  It’s most definitely Fri-YAY for me!  LOL  Hopefully after this weekend, things will start to settle down a bit.  I actually got my craft room put back together yesterday, so I’m excited to get back in there to start creating some stuff!  I’m popping in today to share a project that I created using another of the products from the Avery Elle Fall 2015 Release.

 

10-2-15-Stockings

 

This project features the new stamp  set called Stockings!  They remind me of the little stockings from the “Grinch,” right?!  Here’s how I created my card:

 

  1. Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Solar White card stock, score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Using a MISTI tool, stamp the image from the Stockings Stamp Set onto the card base using Tuxedo Black Ink.
  3. Trim an A2 panel from Solar White card stock.  Place the panel inside the MISTI tool and stamp the Stockings image, again using Tuxedo Black Ink.  Die cut the panel using the Wonky Stitches Elle-Ments.  Die cut the center of the panel using the Scalloped Banner Elle-Ments.  Stamp the sentiment from the Stockings Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Ink.  Adhere the panel to the card base with foam squares.
  4. Color the stockings with Copic Markers, trim them out with detail scissors, and adhere them to the card base with foam squares.
  5. Die cut the holly and berries from green and red cardstock using the Season’s Greetings Elle-Ments.  Adhere them to the image panel with an adhesive tape runner.
  6. Color some of the portions of the stockings and the holly berries with a Clear Wink of Stella pen.

 

This was so much fun to create!  My coloring skills could definitely be improved.  Hee hee hee  Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see more inspiration from the design team!  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope you have an awesome weekend!!

3 comments:

Alina said...

very beautiful card, Karolyn!

Jill said...

Very cute card , love the Grinch -like stockings! That is what they reminded me of as well.

Geri said...

I think your coloring is AWESOME! That is some pretty fabulous shading you have going on! Love how the rectangle diecut imitates a fireplace opening!