Thursday, October 29, 2015

Waltzingmouse Stamps–Hello, Beautiful!

 

Hello!!

 

It’s Thursday, so that means it’s time for another installment of my Waltzingmouse Stamps guest gig!!  And sadly, it’s my last official day as guest designer.  But let’s not dwell on that, just yet!  Here’s my project for this week!

 

Waltzingmouse-Stamps-Guest-10-29-15

 

I think I warned you all that I was absolutely giddy that I had finally figured out the multi-step stamping thing!  So I just couldn’t help myself!  I had to give the Old Country Roses Stamp Set another go, this time trying out the Faux Watercolor technique!  I had a blast with this technique and am thrilled with the results!  NOTE: With these images, there are three steps, which means there are three different stamps to complete each image.  With the Faux Watercolor technique, I only used TWO of the three stamps for each image – the smallest image, and the mid-sized image.  I did NOT use the largest of the three images.  Here’s how I created the card!

 

  1. Trim an A2, top-folding card base from Juicy Pear Card Stock.  Score at 5.5”, fold in half, and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. For the roses, coat the mid-sized image from the Old Country Roses Stamp Set with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, stamp it off once on scrap paper, mist it lightly with water from a Mini Mister, and stamp into the lower right corner of a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock – I used the smooth side.  Coat the smallest stamp for the trio of roses image with Festive Berries Distress Ink, stamp it off once on scrap paper, mist it lightly with water from a Mini Mister, and then stamp it into the centers of the previously stamped rose image.
  3. For the leaves, I masked off the areas of the roses where I intended to stamp the leaves, to give the impression that the leaves are peeking out from behind the roses.  I coated the mid-sized leaf stamp from Old Country Roses with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, stamped it off once onto scrap paper, misted it lightly with water from a Mini Mister, and then stamped it onto the image panel.  I repeated this process with the smallest leaf image using Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.  Remove the mask.
  4. Die cut the image panel using the Stitched Rectangle Dies.
  5. Die cut the word hello from the stamped image using the Mini Hello Die.  Carefully remove all of the die cut pieces from the image panel, and set them aside.  Die cut the word hello three additional times from scrap white cardstock.  Adhere the three layers together with Multi Matte Medium.  Adhere the stamped hello die cut onto the top of the layered die cut with Multi-Matte Medium.
  6. Die cut a scalloped panel from Vellum Card Stock using the Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Dies.
  7. Adhere the stamped image panel to  the vellum scallop panel.  Adhere the stamped hello die cut back into it’s space on the image panel.  Carefully adhere the smaller stamped pieces inside the negative spaces of the die cut.
  8. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.
  9. Apply Clear Wink of Stella to the hello die cut; then apply a coat of Glossy Accents to the die cut and allow to fully dry.
  10. Prepare a piece of Black Card Stock with the Embossing Tool, and stamp the word “beautiful” from the Hello Happy Thanks Stamp Set using VersaMark.  Heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.  Trim the stamped sentiment into a small rectangle and adhere it to the image panel with foam squares.

 

There you have it!  I am so in love with how ethereal those lovely roses look because they’ve bled into the watercolor paper to give such a dreamy effect.  Stamping each image off once to create a second generation image, combined with the light mist, has now made this my all time favorite technique – and the Old Country Roses inspired it all!  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

 

I have enjoyed working and playing with the Waltzingmouse products so incredibly much, and I am ever so grateful to Claire Brennan for having me as her guest this past month – it’s been an honor and a blessing for me.  If I haven’t mentioned this before, Claire is one of the kindest, most thoughtful and generous people that I’ve come across in this industry.  Not to mention, incredibly talented – there’s that!  Thank you, Claire, from the bottom of my heart, for the absolute pleasure of being your guest designer!  I hope I’ve inspired you all to give her products a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!  (For my US readers, Waltzingmouse Stamps has a US distributor, so most of her products are available for lightening fast shipping without the stress and hassle of international shipping and customs!)

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’ll be back tomorrow with another Avery Elle project!  I’m having a ball hanging with my kids and grandkids!  Middle grandson, Brenner, is coming over to Gramma’s for a sleepover tonight, and the littlest of my love bugs will be spending Friday night with me – I am in Gramma heaven!  Hoping you all are enjoying your week, as well! Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

6 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous girl! TFS

Shelly said...

Absolutely, gorgeous!!

TK said...

Beautiful!!! I have not been very successful with misting stamps, but may try it again after this card!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Love the colors and your technique. Great design. TFS

Geri said...

Love the contrast between the vibrant lime green and fuchsia pink! Yessserreee bobcat...you sure do have the two step stamping thing happening!

Unknown said...

SO pretty!!!