Friday, November 27, 2015

Avery Elle–Naughty or Nice!


Hello, friends!!

Happy Black Friday!!  LOL  As you read this, I’ll be floating on a cruise ship off the Baja Coast, celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary and our friend’s 62nd Birthday!  I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!!!  I’m popping in to share another project that I created using some of the Avery Elle Fall 2015 Release Products!!  I can’t believe that the sneak peeks of the upcoming Winter 2015 Release will start in just three days!!

11-27-15-Naughty-or-Nice

Okay, so I am obsessed with heat reactive foil transfer.  And I was determined to figure out a way to use my stamps and still get the same perfect transfer as I was getting using toner images and the MINC machine.  I thought that the Naughty or Nice Stamp Set was the perfect stamp set to try out the Heidi Swapp Toner Pen on!  Jennifer McGuire did a quick little video on using it with stamps, and it worked like a dream – I was determined to get the same results.  I’m happy to report that it worked like a charm!!  Basically, I just colored the toner pen onto the santa and his reindeer image from the Naughty or Nice Stamp Set.  I stamped it onto an image panel that I created using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments and allowed it to fully dry.  I then placed a piece of red heat reactive foil over the top and ran it through the MINC machine!  Voila!!  I used the Double Pierced Circle Elle-Ments to die cut through the foiled image to create a moon.  The sentiment was created by die cutting the word Merry from red foil cardstock using the Holly Jolly Elle-Ments.  I cut it three more times from white cardstock, adhered the layers together and made sure that the red foil die cut was on top.  The “Christmas” sentiment is from the Joy to the World Stamp Set (after performing a bit of stamp surgery) and was stamped onto New Moon Cardstock using Pure White Pigment Ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

That’s it for me today, sweet friends.  I’d love to stay and chat but I’m a little busy having a great time on a cruise ship!  LOL  Thanks so much for stopping by – I’ll be back tomorrow with the next AEI♥U Challenge!  I hope you’ll come back soon!

4 comments:

cghundley said...

Lovely card!
Our 35th wedding
anniversary was on
Thanksgiving! Hope
you are having a
great time.
Carla from Utah

Shirley said...

I like your card design as well as the color combination. I'm sure you are having a wonderful time on your cruise.

Geri said...

Right off the hop, I'm lovin' the single green sequin...and the stripes behind the sentiment! The stitching is a really cool too!

Pam Sparks said...

great! I just got one of these pens! Thanks for the info Karolyn! LOVE your card!