Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Color Throw Down #370–Warm Wishes!


Hello again!!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  We’re actually celebrating Thanksgiving in our house today, as the kids head back to Seattle tomorrow.  I’ll be so sad to see them go, but we’ve had a great week together so I’ll have lots of great memories until we see each other again next month.  In the meantime, it’s time for the next Color Throw Down Challenge, and this week’s color combo is awesome!!

swatch 370

Oh my gosh – those little cake pop snowmen look sooo deelish, don’t they?!!  Here’s my answer to the challenge:

Color-Throw-Down-#370-11-25-15

You can see that I was totally inspired by that adorable winter scene.  I decided to pull out some Papertrey Ink goodies to create this sweet little winter scene.  That polar bear sweater just cracks me up.  Here’s how I created my project.

  1. Trim an A2 vertical top-folding card base from Dark Brown Woodgrain Card Stock.  Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Die cut an image panel from White Linen Card Stock using the stitched rectangle from the  Blueprints 15 Die-Namics Set.  Using the Snowfall Stencil, apply a thin coat of Snowflake Paste with a palette knife to the image panel.  Allow to dry thoroughly.  Once dry, adhere to the card base with foam squares.
  3. Die cut two snowdrifts from White Linen Card Stock using the Stitched Snow Drifts Die-Namics.  Use the bottom edge of the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics Set to apply the stitched outside edges.
  4. Stamp the sentiment from the Hand Lettered Holiday Stamp Set onto the snowdrift using Truffle Pigment Ink; heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
  5. Stamp the polar bear image from the Warmest Wishes Stamp Set onto Solar White Card Stock using Espresso Truffle Dye Ink.  Stamp the sweater onto Orange Zest Card Stock using Unicorn Pigment Ink; heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.  Stamp the mountains onto Summer Splash Card Stock using Unicorn Pigment Ink; heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.  Use the coordinating Warmest Wishes Dies to die cut the polar bear, sweater and mountains.
  6. Apply a light coat of watermark ink onto the top of the mountains using a VersaMark Pen; heat emboss with Sparkle Puff 3D Embossing Powder.
  7. Assemble the card with foam squares.  Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins using Multi Matte Medium.

I seriously smile every single time I look at that polar bear.  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

Sadly, this is my last week as a guest of the Color Throw Down Challenge.  I’ve so enjoyed dipping my toes back into the challenge world, and I’ve especially enjoyed playing along with the amazing ladies of the Color Throw Down team!  Thank you so much for having me, ladies – you’re all so incredibly talented!  I hope you’ll click on through to each of their blogs to see what they’ve created for your inspiration -  I’ve listed their blogs below!  Also, we’d love for you to play along with us!  Please click on through to the Color Throw Down Challenge Blog for the rules of the challenge, as well as the linky tool to add your own take on this week’s challenge!

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Karolyn Loncon <----- You’re here!

Well, that’s it for me today, friends!  It’ll be a bit chaotic around here today with a house full of family.  But I’m excited to hang with my people and enjoy time together.  I hope you and yours have an amazing Thanksgiving!  I’ll be back on Friday with another Avery Elle project.  Until then, thanks for stopping by and have a great holiday!!


9 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

So cute! You sequins add just the right amount of bling.

Jean said...

A great scene with these colors - love it!

Geri said...

Yep...your polar bear is totally stylin' in that sweater! Love the bold pop of orange against the blue trees and the pretty snowy sky!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Those colors are great, and they look especially gorgeous on your beautiful card! I'm psyched now, too, because it gives me mojo for the card I have to do today for the Coffee Lovers Freaking blog! Woot woot#

TK said...

This card is adorable! I love the little scene, and that cute guy with the handsome sweater!

Shirley said...

I like not only your card design, but also the colors (matched perfectly to challenge) on this adorable card.

Susi said...

Such a gorgeous card, and I agree - that Polar Bear is so adorable!

Kristie Goulet said...

EEEK! Totally awesome card!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a cute card...love the scene you created with the snow, sky, mountains, and the polar bear with the orange sweater is just tooo cute!! So glad you were our November Guestie...I loved seeing your awesome cards in the CTD designers line up!!!!!!!!!