I’m popping in to share another project that I created using the Avery Elle Spring 2016 Release! This project features the new Hats Off Stamp Set and coordinating Hats Off Elle-Ments. I also used the new Double Pierced Square Elle-Ments to create the Polaroid frame, and the Pierced Cloud Elle-Ments to create a cloud mask that I used to create the clouds!
Here’s how I created the project.
- Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from New Moon Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut an image panel from Solar White Card Stock using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments.
- Die cut another rectangle from Solar White Card Stock using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments; die cut a square from the rectangle using the Double Pierced Square Elle-Ments.
- Die cut the hand mask from some masking tape using the coordinating Hats Off Elle-Ments.
- Die cut a cloud mask/stencil from acetate using the Pierced Cloud Elle-Ments.
- Mask off a square on the image panel slightly larger than the square of the Polaroid frame using masking tape. Adhere the hand mask at the bottom of the masked off square.
- Using the cloud mask/stencil, blend some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink onto the image panel to create clouds. Remove the hands mask.
- Stamp the hands image from the Hats Off Stamp Set onto the image panel using New Moon Dye Ink. Color the hands with Copic Markers.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Hats Off Stamp Set onto the bottom of the Polaroid frame using New Moon Dye Ink. Adhere the Polaroid frame with foam squares so that the clouds and hands are revealed through the aperture of the frame.
- Stamp the grad cap four times on Solar White Card Stock using New Moon Dye Ink. Color them with Copic Markers. Die cut them out using the Hats Off Elle-Ments. Adhere them to the image panel and inside the Polaroid frame using foam squares.
That’s it! It looks more complicated than it really is! And graduation season will be here before you know it! I think I’ll be making a few more of these to have on hand . . . no doubt I’ll be needing them! Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog where you’ll find a plethora of additional inspiration and creativity!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today – I hope you know how much I appreciate it! Have a great day and weekend!