Hello my sweet friends!!
I’m popping in today to share a project that I created in answer to the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge!
I thought that this week’s sketch was super fun and versatile!! I decided to play around with some die cutting! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half, and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut a panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the Stitched Mini Scallop Square STAX Die-Namics. Die cut a butterfly from the center of the scalloped square using the Flutter of Butterflies Solid Die-Namics.
- Die cut strips of card stock from Grape Jelly, Periwinkle, Blu Raspberry, Sno Cone and Limelight using the pierced strip die from the Blueprints 3 Die-Namics.
- Trim an A2 panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Adhere the colored strips of card stock to the image panel, butting them up against each other.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Spring Wreath Stamp Set near the bottom of the panel using Black Licorice Pigment Ink. Heat emboss it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
- Using the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 20 Die-Namics, die cut a rectangle from the center of the image panel. Adhere the center rectangle to the card base. Adhere the rectangle frame to the card base using foam tape. Adhere the scalloped square butterfly panel to the card base with foam tape.
- Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the card base using Glossy Accents.
Easy peasy!! I was really inspired by this sketch – we’d love to have you play along with this week’s challenge, too! Oh, and please click on through to the My Favorite Things Blog to check out the other projects that my sweet teammates created to inspire you!
That’s it for me today! We’ve got company arriving today, so I’ll be busy, busy being the hostess with the mostess! LOL I’ll be back on Friday with another crafty project to share with you! Thanks so much for spending part of your day here with me – I love it when you drop by!