Hello my loves!
Hope you’re having a great week, so far! It’s Tuesday, so I thought I’d pop in and share another project that I created using some of the newly released My Favorite Things products. Check it.
Okay, so you may have seen something like this out there in blog land. I was totally channeling my sweet teammates, Donna Mikasa and Laurie Willison, when I created this design. These two ladies are MASTERS of ink blending and I so admire their work! And the end result of this project made my clean and simple little heart so stinkin’ happy! Here’s how I created it!
- Trim an A2, horizontal top-folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an A2 image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Using masking tape, tape off the panel to expose a diagonal section on the bottom half of the panel.
- Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, blend some Abandoned Coral and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink onto the exposed portion of the image panel. Carefully remove the masking tape.
- Die cut the image panel using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 13 Die-Namics.
- Align and die cut the words from the image panel using the Twice the Thanks Die-Namics. Stamp the sentiment from the Kind Thanks Stamp Set using Black Licorice Pigment Ink.
- Carefully remove the word die cut from the image panel, being careful to save all of the die cut pieces – you’ll need them later. Die cut the words three additional times from more Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Adhere the three word die cuts together with liquid adhesive, adding the ink blended die cut as the top layer.
- Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape. Carefully replace the stacked die cut into the opening on the image panel, and adhere it with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere some Sparkling Clear Sequins to the image panel with Glossy Accents.
Done! I so adore a bold sentiment that takes center stage, and that sunny ink blending just makes my heart happy! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below. And note that if a product is listed below, you can find it at the My Favorite Things Online Store. MFT is as close to a one-stop shop as you can get!
That’s it for me today, friends! I’m headed back to my craft room to play with some new product that I’ll be sharing with you very, very soon!! Thanks so much for stopping by today – I am ever so grateful when you do! Have a great day!