It’s time for the My Favorite Things New Product Launch! Have you been loving the Countdown posts as much as I have?!! I’m telling you, this April release is one of my all time faves!! I’m so excited to share with you the project that I created for the launch!
I absolutely fell in love with the adorable images contained in the Fly By Friends Stamp Set – especially those darling little bees. Now, in real life, I’m scared spitless of bees! But these little guys have stolen my heart! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut four of the the pierced rounded flag die from the Blueprints 21 Die-Namics Set from Pineapple Card Stock. Once cut, move the die so that the final die cuts gradually get smaller and smaller. Position the die cuts so that the largest one is on the bottom and the smallest one is on the top; then adhere them to a piece of printer paper. Trim away the excess printer paper.
- Stamp the Mini Hexagon Background Stamp onto the assembled bee hive using Pineapple Hybrid Ink.
- Use the pierced circle die from the Blueprints 21 Die-Namics to cut out the hive entry hole, and replace it with a Black Licorice die cut circle.
- Stamp three of the small bees from the Fly By Friends Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Color them with Copic Markers, and die cut them using the coordinating Fly By Friends Die-Namics. Apply a light coat of liquid adhesive to the bees’ wings and sprinkle them with Warm Diamond glitter.
- Trim an A2 panel from black and white polka dot patterned paper (from the Neutral Dots & Stripes 6 x 6 Paper Pad) and use the Stitched Basic Edges Die-Namics to die cut the angled corner. Duplicate the same cut on an A2 panel of Pineapple Card Stock. Adhere the polka dot die cut to the Pineapple die cut, leaving a just a slight Pineapple edge exposed. Adhere the assembled panel to the card base with foam tape.
- Stamp the bee trails from the Fly By Friends Stamp Set onto the card base using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Adhere the bees to the card base with foam tape.
- Adhere the bee hive to the card base with foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Fly By Friends Stamp Set onto the card base using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
Are those bees not so stinkin’ cute?!! I just love them! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below. ALL of the April New Products are available now in the My Favorite Things Online Store! Just click on the widget below to be taken directly to the newly released products!
Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked up to the other incredible projects that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration! Be sure to leave each of them a comment on their New Product Launch blog posts--including this one--
for your chance to win one of two $100 gift vouchers to the MFT Store! Off you go!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!! I’ll be heading back to Phoenix as this post goes live – I had the most amazing long weekend filled with lots of Gramma hugs and sweet baby kisses that will hold me over until the next visit with my kids and grandkids. Now it’s back to real life! Wishing you a great week!