Monday, April 18, 2016

My favorite Things–Happy Bird-Day!

 

Hello friends!!

 

I hope you had as great a weekend as I did!!  Oh my goodness – sunshine, stamping, and relaxing!!  Heaven on earth, I tell ya!  I wanted to pop in quickly today to share a cute project that I made using some My Favorite Things products.  Check it!

 

KKL_APR1816

 

Did you know that My Favorite Things has been releasing several new 6 x 6 paper pads every month?!!  They are so stinkin’ cute!  I especially love the gingham pads.  Here’s how I created my project:

 

  1. Trim a horizontal A2 top folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock.  Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Using the rounded sentiment strip die from the Blueprints 16 Die-Namics Set, die cut two each from the pink and orange gingham, and one each from the yellow, green, navy and light blue gingham – all from the Farm Fresh Gingham 6 x 6 Paper PadAdhere each strip to a piece of Smooth White Card Stock, being sure to butt each one up next to the other.  Trim off the excess white card stock using scissors.  Trim off the bottom edge of the assembled strips using a paper trimmer.
  3. Die cut the Friends Die-Namic from the center of the gingham panel.  Remove the word die cut and set it aside for another project.  Be careful to save the inside pieces of the “r”,  “e” and the “d”.
  4. Adhere the gingham panel to the card base with foam tape.  Align and adhere the inside pieces of the “r”,  “e” and “d” with foam tape.
  5. Stamp the bird and butterfly from the I’m Tweet On You Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.  Color the images with Copic Markers.  Die cut both images using the coordinating I’m Tweet on Your Die-NamicsStamp the bird a second time, color the wing, and trim it out using detail scissors.  Adhere it to the bird image with foam tape.  Adhere the assembled bird and butterfly to the card base with foam tape.
  6. Die cut the sentiment flag contained in the Blueprints 27 Die-Namics Set from Black Licorice Card StockStamp the sentiment from I’m Tweet On You Stamp Set using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and heat emboss it with White Detail Embossing Powder.  Adhere the sentiment strip to the gingham panel  with foam tape.
  7. Apply a light coat of Clear Wink of Stella glitter to the bird’s wing and the butterfly.

 

Super easy, and I think a bright and cheery look!!  This would make someone pretty happy on their birthday, don’t you think?  I’ve listed the products that I used below.

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m off to get a pedicure with my sister, probably grab a bite of lunch, and then will be headed back home to stamp!  That’s my kinda day!!  Hope you have a great one, too – thanks so much for spending part of it here with me!

 

4 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

SQUEE. This is just the cutest Karolyn. Great way to showcase these new cutie papers.

donna mikasa said...

Too cute for words! And those birds look mighty happy!

TK said...

Sweet card, fun fence!

Geri said...

My new #1 FAVORITE KAROLYN CARD!!! The gingham fence blows my mind! Love the bright colors!