Friday, June 17, 2016

Avery Elle–Flamingos!!

 

Well, hello!!

 

Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?!!  I got home from Florida late Tuesday night and have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off ever since (after 10 hours of sleep – those MFT girls wore me OUT!  LOL)  But I wanted to pop in and share another project that I created using a stinkin’ cute stamp set from Avery Elle called Flamingos!

 

6-17-16-Flamingos

 

How freakin’ fun is this?!!  I think you all know how much I looooove flamingos!!  I squealed when I saw this set!  Here’s how I created my project:

 

  1. Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from Solar White Card StockScore at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. On the front of the card base, near the center, blend Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress inks for the sea, and Mustard Seed and Abandoned Coral for the sunset, using a Mini Ink Blending Tool.
  3. Stamp the palm tree image from the Flamingos Stamp Set, multiple times across the center of the ink blended area, using New Moon Dye Ink.
  4. Trim an A2 image panel from Solar White Card Stock.  Using the Rain Dance Stencil, blend some Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress inks towards the bottom of the image panel, using a Mini Ink Blending Tool.
  5. Die cut the image panel using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-MentsDie cut an aperture from the center of the image panel using the Double Pierced Circle Elle-Ments.  Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.
  6. Stamp the flamingos from the Flamingos Stamp Set onto a scrap of Solar White Card Stock using New Moon Dye Ink.  Color the images with Copic Markers, and die cut them with the coordinating Flamingos Elle-Ments.
  7. Trim a strip of New Moon Card Stock and stamp the sentiment from the Flamingos Stamp Set, using Pure White Pigment InkHeat emboss the sentiment with White Embossing Powder.  Adhere the sentiment strip to the image panel.
  8. Adhere the flamingos to the image panel using foam squares.

 

Are you not in love with those adorable flamingos?!!  I mean, seriously . . . they just make me happy!  I’ve listed the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for more incredible inspiration!

 

That’s it for me today, friends!!  I’m off to pick up grandson #2 for a sleepover with Gramma and Grampa!  Then we’ll have all three of them for the rest of the weekend!!  We’ve got plans to go to the Zoo, to see “Finding Dory,” playing at a bouncy house place, and will play lots of card games!  I can’t wait!  I hope you have some awesome plans for your weekend!  Thanks so much for starting it off here with me!!

No comments: