Monday, February 13, 2017

My Favorite Things–Release Replay!

 

Hello, my lovelies!

 

Print

 

The chicas from the My Favorite Things Design Team are sharing fresh new takes on this month’s New Release!  I always love this challenge because it inspires me to look at the new release and think of new ideas to create with it!  Here’s my new take on the Sketched Blooms 2 Stamp Set and the Twice the Hugs Die-Namics!

 

KKL_FEB1317-Release-Replay

 

I am so in love with the multi-step stamps in the Sketched Blooms 2 Stamp Set.  They are so beautiful and easy to work with!  And they don’t require perfect stamping – BONUS!  Their sketchy nature allows for some wiggle room when stamping the images.  That just makes me happy!  LOL  Here’s how I created my project:

 

  1. Trim an A2, vertical, top-folding card base from Grout Gray Card StockScore at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Die cut an image panel from Smooth White Card Stock using the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
  3. Die cut a stitched circle from the center of the image panel using the Inside & Out Circle Die-Namics.
  4. Using a Mini MISTI, I stamped the outline images from the Sketched Blooms 2 Stamp Set around the perimeter of the circle.  I stamped the outline images using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and heat embossed them using White Detail Embossing Powder.  I then stamped the body images of each flower using the lighter of two inks, and then stamped the smaller of the three images using the darker inks (i.e., Cotton Candy and Ripe Raspberry; Blue Breeze and Cornflower; Sno Cone and Summer Splash, Sunshine and Orange Zest; and Peach Bellini and Coral Crush Hybrid Inks).  Lastly, I stamped the bud image between each of the flower images using Cement Gray Hybrid Ink.
  5. On a scrap piece of Smooth White Card Stock, I adhered a piece of double-sided adhesive.  I die cut the scripty Hugs using the Twice the Hugs Die-Namics, making sure to place the cutting side of the die on top of the double-sided adhesive.  I then removed the release paper from the double-sided adhesive and sprinkled Warm Diamond Glitter to the adhesive, burnishing the glitter with my fingers to make sure it was firmly embedded.
  6. Adhere the stamped image panel to the card base with foam tape.  Adhere the word die cut to the center of the circle using foam tape.
  7. Apply Quickie Glue Pen adhesive to the gray bud images, and sprinkle them with Warm Diamond Glitter.

 

There you go!  The Sketched Blooms 2 Stamps are super fun to play with, and are incredibly versatile!  I’d love to see what you do with them!  I’ve listed and linked the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the projects that my teammates have created for your inspiration using this month’s New Release!  I know you’ll be amazed!

 

That’s it for me today, my sweet friends!  I’m still  plugging away in my craft room to get caught up on my deadlines because my cute kids and grandkids are coming to visit next week!  Gotta clear my desk so I can enjoy some gramma time with my cutie patooties!!  I hope you’re enjoying a fun yet productive week at your house!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

PRODUCTS USED:

3 comments:

Casey-Diane said...

I really like that card Karolyn!! Are you re-purposing the circle?

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Teresa Doyle said...

A beautiful card Karolyn, love those flowers, so pretty!
Enjoy your family...I KNOW you'll have fun with the grandchildren! Aren't they just the BEST????

BTW, did you ever draw for the Ellen Hutson $50 GC? I have been checking ever since but never found out who the winner was??? It just said the draw date would be after Jan. 20th. Just curious!