I’m popping in today to share a project that I created that was inspired by this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #324! I was so excited to have a chance to ink up the new Ninja-mazing Stamp Set, and was quickly inspired to create an interactive slider card. After all, Ninjas are stealth, right? I just HAD to have him sneaking out from behind the pagoda for a fun twist!
Here’s a little video showing the card in action:
- Trim an 4.25” x 11” card base from Smooth White Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half, and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Stamp the ninja image, from the Ninja-mazing Stamp Set, onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Color the image with Copic Markers and die cut the image using the coordinating Ninja-mazing Die-Namics.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Ninja-mazing Stamp Set onto Black Licorice Card Stock using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink. Heat emboss with White Detail Embossing Powder. Die cut the sentiment using the Stitched Sentiment Strips Die-Namics.
- STAMPING/MASKING/INK BLENDING/DIE CUTTING:
a. Trim TWO 4.25” x 5.5” panels of Smooth White Card Stock.
b. Trim a 4.25” x 5.5” panel of Stamping Mask Paper.
c. Die cut a circle out of the center of the masking panel using the Circle STAX Die-Namics.
d. Adhere the mask to one of the image panels.
e. Using the new Radiating Rays Stencil, lightly blend some Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks, moving the stencil so that the rays have staggered color.
f. Carefully remove the mask and re-adhere it to the second image panel.
g. Stamp the pagoda image from the Ninja-mazing Stamp Set inside the circle opening using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Color the image with Copic Markers. Stamp the pagoda image a second time onto a scrap of Stamping Mask Paper, carefully trim out the image with detail scissors, and adhere the mask over the top of the stamped image. Repeat Step 4(e), above.
h. Before removing the mask, re-insert the Circle Die-Namic back into the negative of the mask, and emboss the die into the image panel using an Embossing Pad.
i. Partially die cut the circle, up to the top and bottom of the pagoda image. Carefully remove the die and the mask.
j. Partially die cut the outside right edge of the pagoda image using the Ninja-mazing Die-Namics.
k. Die cut the image panel (with the stamped pagoda) using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics. Temporarily position the main image panel on top of the back ink blended panel and trim the back panel to fit the front panel.
l. Die cut the bottom of the front image panel using the Stitched Scallop Basic Edges Die-Namics.
m. Stamp the ninja star image from the Ninja-mazing Stamp Set using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, color it with Copic Markers, and die cut it using the coordinating Ninja-mazing Die-Namics.
n. Die cut the pointed flag from Black Licorice Card Stock using the pointed flag die from the Blueprints 31 Die-Namics.
- BACK IMAGE/SLIDER PANEL:
a. Die cut four circles from Smooth White Card Stock using the circle dies from the Surf & Turf Die-Namics. Sandwich two circles with a Slider Element, and glue them together with liquid adhesive.
b. Using the small straight channel die from the Surf & Turf Die-Namics, die cut a slider channel from the back ink-blended panel.
c. Insert the two assembled slider discs into the slider channel, and slide them towards the far right side of the slider channel. Position the ninja die-cut image so that he appears to be peeking his head out from behind the pagoda. Adhere the ninja die cut to the slider disks with liquid adhesive.
- Before assembling the card, lightly blend some Mustard Seed Distress Ink onto the card base in the area where the slider channel will appear. This will help the exposed slider channel blend in better.
- Adhere the back image/slider panel to the card base with ONE layer of foam tape.
- Adhere the front image panel to the card base, aligning it with the back panel, with TWO layers of foam tape.
- NOTE: You will need to trim the ninja die cut so that he is completely hidden behind the pagoda.
- Adhere the sentiment strip with foam tape.
- Adhere the ninja star die-cut to the pointed flag die cut with foam tape, and adhere it to the card with foam tape.
Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Challenge Blog to see other design team projects inspired by this sketch, AND play along with us!! We’d love it if you would!
That’s it for me today, friends! I’m working hard in my craft room today, trying to get ahead on some upcoming deadlines! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you’re enjoying an awesome day, and that the rest of the week is just as fabulous for you! I’ll be back soon with more crafty goodness – I hope you’ll come back then!