Thursday, February 16, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge No. 40–Tie One On!!

Well hello again!!

CFC40 Graphic

Let’s hear it for another outstanding CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!  Seriously, friends, you’re really gonna like this one.  Your challenge:  Create a CLEAN & SIMPLE project, include ribbon in your design, and since February 21st is Mardi Gras – our theme this week is PAR-TAY!!  How fun is that?!

May Arts Logo

Of course, we have the most excellent sponsor this week – May Arts.  And oh my goodness have they been generous with their delicious ribbon for the Girl Fridays – oodles and oodles of ribbons, I tell ya!!  PLUS May Arts has provided a prize for this week’s TGIF Club Winner that is going to blow your mind!!  But you’ll have to click on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog to find out what it is.  Thank you so much, May Arts!!  We HEART you!!

CFC40 - Tie One On

Well, let me tell you that this challenge inspired me beyond measure!!  I immediately had a vision of candles – you need candles for a party, right?!  And right now I’m loving the negative die cut concept.  So I drew out my design, and cut it out with my scissors.  Didn’t like the unfinished look of that much . . . so I tried again –using my beloved Silhouette!!  I designed the candles and card front, including two small holes above each candle, in the Studio Silhouette program – NOW we’re talking people!!  I adhered the two different 1/2” Grosgrain Circle ribbons behind the cutout with sticky strip.  I used the 1/2” Yellow Wrinkle Ribbon for the flames – stitching them through the two holes using a leaf embroidery stitch.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches’ Chit Chat set (I stamped it in VersaMark and heat embossed it).  Add a little bling (‘cause every party needs some bling, right?!) and you’ve got yourself a PAR-TAY card!!

STAMPS:  Chit Chat (Paper Smooches)
INK:  VersaMark (Tsukineko)
PAPER:  Snow CS (Bazzill Basic Papers)
ACCESSORIES:  Silhouette Studio and Silhouette SD Electronic Die Cutting Machine (Silhouette America),
1/2” Grosgrain Circle (May Arts), 1/2” Yellow Wrinkle Ribbon (May Arts), Sticky Strip, Self-Adhesive Rhinestone (Doodlebug), Cricket Embossing Powder (Zing/American Crafts), Stampin’ Dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

 

We’d love to see what you all come up with for this super fun challenge!!  That’s it for me today.  I have some plans to do some stamping this weekend – how about you?  Any fun plans?  Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I so appreciate it when you do.

PaperTherapySignature

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely FUN...happy friday!!!

canadian_liner said...

Your ribbon stitching for those candles is truly inspired! GREAT card...

Lisa A. said...

This is very cool idea...what a wonderful birthday card...and LOVE your use of the ribbon:)!!

Marlena M. said...

Oh, yes. This is a party card for sure! Love it, Karolyn. ;)

Jenny said...

How clever are you?? The candles look great and as for the flames....genius girl :0)
Jenny x

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Love those flames! Lots of fun here!

Mary Jo said...

How cute is this!? Love the ribbon as flames-such a great idea.

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a great party card Karolyn! Love the clever 'flames' and the ribbon candles.

Julie said...

I love your ribbon candles! Beautiful Birthday card!