Thursday, February 28, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #17–Hello Honey!

Hello my sweet friends!

CTS17 Graphic

It’s time for another CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge, and oh my goodness, it’s another fun one designed by our fearless leader, Jackie Rockwell!

CTS17 - Hello Honey

I was immediately inspired by the squares and the focal image.  I love looking at a sketch and trying to visualize other shapes and items in place of the designed sketch features.  I saw random sized honeycomb with a bee hive.  I used some new dies (those funky shaped hexagons are a sneak peek of some very exciting dies that are being released by Paper Smooches tomorrow!)that I’ve recently acquired, and it came together just exactly as I had pictured it in my head!  I’ve listed the products I used below.

 

Well, there ya have it!  We’d love to see what you would do with this sketch!  Please click on through to the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge Blog to link up your own project and check out the delicious samples that my teamies have created for your inspiration.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I’ll be back in a few minutes with a second post for today, and it “might” just be featuring more of those funky shaped hexagons that are in my sketch card.  Hope you’ll come back to see for yourself!

PaperTherapySignature

PRODUCTS USED:

STAMPS:  Bee Mine (Paper Smooches)
INK:  Unicorn Pigment Ink and Black Dye Ink (Hero Arts/Memories)
PAPER:  Yellow Polka Dot DP (A Muse Studio), Black Licorice CS (French Poptone), White Linen CS (Ellen Hutson)
OTHER:  Hexalong Dies (Paper Smooches), Honey Bee Skep Die (Memory Box), Bees Dies (Elizabeth Craft Designs), Y15 Copic Marker (Copic)

13 comments:

Ardyth said...

Very creative to use hexes as the shapes! Love the bright cheery yellow!

Basement Stamper said...

darling sentiment pairing with this cute bee. Great use of the sketch!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Love it! Lee-Ann :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

This card is almost as SWEET as you are! Goodness, I love those dies!!!

Geri said...

Oh my! What an incredible source of inspiration you are my friend! Clean, simple and stunning! I am totally loving these dies!

Barb Ghig said...

I love all the great shapes you chose for your card...gorgeous color palette, too!

Jen W. said...

Eeek! There's that awesome die again! Love your take on this sketch and the way you framed the sentiment. :)

lostinpaper said...

Oh, this is just too cute, love those hexalongs!

Ravengirl said...

Oh my goodness! This is darling!

Chrissy Larson said...

Those dies are going to have to be mine! Love how you used them to frame the sentiment. Brilliant, Karolyn!

Brandi said...

This is so cute and creative!

Notes by Nina said...

I love your fun bright card.

Anonymous said...

Completely adorable and so creative ... love the beehive! Anita :)