Friday, February 6, 2015

Avery Elle–Happy Birthday Bunting!


Hi Again!

I’m back today to share a fun little project that I created featuring a couple of the Avery Elle products from the Winter Release.

2-6-15 Bunting

This project features the Bunting Elle-Ments, which are the dies that coordinate with the new stamp set of the same name.  I decided to just use the dies, along with another of the new releases -  Elle’s Alphas.  I was inspired by a project that Tami Hartley made for the Online Card Classes: Stretch Your Stamps 2 Class that I took last spring!  Here’s the how-to’s:

  • Trim an A2 top folding card base from white CS.
  • Trim an A2 front panel from white CS and die cut the triangle background (I used a non-Avery Elle die that I had in my stash); adhere die cut panel to card front with foam tape.
  • Die cut enough banner flags for “Happy Birthday” plus two hearts from some ink blended patterned paper using the Bunting Elle-Ments.
  • Die cut two “strings” and four “bows” from some New Moon CS using the Bunting Elle-Ments.
  • Stamp the sentiment onto the flags using Elle’s Alphas; stamp the two hearts using Framed Fonts.
  • Glue the strings to the card front using liquid adhesive, trim off the excess, and adhere the banner flags with foam squares; adhere the bows using liquid adhesive.

This would be SUPER easy to personalize, if you wanted to take it one step further!  Buh-BAM!  Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see what Katie Gehring has to share with you today!  I’m sure you’re going to love it as much as I do!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m off to celebrate my birthday (a day early) with my BFF.  Sooo looking forward to that!  I hope you have some amazing plans ahead for your weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

Geri said...

So sweet! Gorgeous blended colors. I love how the banners pop against the triangle background! Another fab creation pal!

...love the cute little bows!

Holly Young said...

This is so cute! I love that background, and the tiny little bows holding up the flags.

Shelly said...

Love this!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my word! I LOVE your card. It is adorable. Great job!