ETA: There's a GIVE-AWAY happening over at the Avery Elle Design Blog - check it!! Deets can be found HERE.
Hello my lovelies!!
It’s a gorgeous and sunny day here in AZ, and that always makes me happy! It’s also a reminder that spring is right around the corner. The Avery Elle Design Team is revisiting a previously released AE stamp set to share some fresh and new inspiration with you all. This month’s Throw Back Thursday is Happy Spring – a darling stamp set with lovely spring and Easter icons and images. Here’s my new sample:
The set has a really sweet wreath image that was perfect for stamping in one color and then overstamping with another, to give the illusion of depth and dimension. Here’s how I created my card:
- Trim out an A2 top folding white card base.
- Trim out an image panel from gingham patterned paper, and use Dotted Border Elle-Ments to create the detailed scallop border on both sides; adhere to card base with foam tape.
- Die cut tag twice using Gift Tags Elle-Ments – once from white CS, and once from vellum.
- Stamp wreath image from Happy Spring Stamp Set using Lemon Grass and Celery pigment inks onto vellum tag. Stamp sentiment from Happy Spring onto tag using VersaMark and heat emboss with Liquid Platinum embossing powder.
- Die cut flowers (I used a non-Avery Elle die that I had in my stash) from some Sea Glass, Pixie and Daisy CS, and use stylus and piercing pad to add curve and dimension; adhere to wreath with Matte Medium; add clear embellishments to centers of flowers with Matte Medium.
- Strategically place clear foam tape behind the stamping on the tag so that it doesn’t show; adhere to white tag, slightly askew.
- Thread white crochet cord through holes in tag and tie a bow.
- Attach finished tag to card base with foam tape.
Easy peasy! A fresh look at a previously released stamp set! Some of my sweet teammates are sharing their fresh take over on the Design Team Blog – click on through and check it out! You won’t be disappointed!
That’s it for me today, friends!! I’ll be back tomorrow to share another project for the current Avery Elle Winter Release. I hope you’ll come back then to see! Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m going to try and get caught up on some creative stuff today –first day back in my craft room since guests left and I’m Jones’ing bad!! LOL Have a great day!