Friday, July 28, 2017

Avery Elle–Extraordinary!

Happy Fri-YAY!!

It’s an especially great day for me today, as my youngest daughter and her family are returning from East Asia after being gone for six weeks!!  We’ve missed them terribly, and can’t wait to see their faces and hug them!  They’ve had quite an adventure, and I’m sure they’ll have tons of great stories to share about their travels.  And I know my granddaughter, Lucy, has grown since they left, so I can’t wait to see how much she’s changed!  Fun stuff, I tell ya!

But before I pick them up from the airport, I wanted to pop in quickly to share a project that I created for Avery Elle using the Extraordinary Stamp Set and coordinating dies.

7-28-17-Extraordinary

PRODUCTS USED:

Extraordinary Stamp Set
Extraordinary Dies

Double Pierced Rectangle Dies

Swim Team Stamp Set

Aquamarine Pigment Ink

New Moon Dye Ink

Yes, my friends!  It’s a Narwhal!!  Now, I always thought that Narwhals were mythical creatures!  But I was mistaken!  They really do exist!  I’ve never seen one – but they do, indeed, exist!  Anyways, I masked off the upper and lower portion of the image panel and did some ink blending for the sea.  I stamped some fishies (from the Swim Team Stamp Set) using some Aquamarine Pigment Ink.  I stamped the Narwahl image from the Extraordinary Stamp Set using New Moon Dye Ink.  I stamped it a second time onto some masking material and cut out the center of the image with my scissors, leaving only the outside line of the image on the mask.  I placed the mask around the stamped image and did some ink blending, to add some magical coloring to this mystery mammal.  Wouldn’t it be fun if they really were multi-colored like this? LOL  I used the coordinating Extraordinary Dies to die cut the image, and I adhered it to the image panel with some foam squares.  The sentiment is stamped using New Moon Dye Ink and is also from the Extraordinary Stamp Set.

Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for more extraordinary inspiration from my teammates!  I know you’ll be amazed!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I know I’m going to have a great weekend – I hope you do, too!  Thanks for spending a little of it here with me!

No comments: